Rent Control Issues
Bay Area Rent Control Attorneys
If you are involved in a rental dispute in San Francisco, you need an experienced San Francisco rent control attorney on your side. Rental property agreements are strictly regulated in several Bay Area cities, such as San Francisco, Oakland, and Berkeley, as well as several smaller communities. At Bradshaw & Associates, P.C., our concentration on landlord-tenant relations and close familiarity with California law and local rent control ordinances, including San Francisco rent control laws, can make the decisive difference for your claim or defence whether you’re an owner or a renter. For a free consultation, contact a Bay Area Rent Board attorney at Bradshaw & Associates, P.C.
If you’re a landlord, we can represent you in the following kinds of Rent Board petitions:
- Rent increase because of capital improvement expenses
- Rent increase because of increased operating or maintenance expenses
- Substantial rehabilitation exemptions from rent increase limits
If you’re a tenant, a Bradshaw & Associates, P.C. rent control lawyer can represent you in Rent Board actions such as:
- Petition for rent reduction based on decreased services
- Deferral of an annual rent increase based on the landlord’s failure or refusal to make repairs
- Disputed utility rate pass-throughs
- Claims of improper rent increase
- Wrongful eviction claims
We have extensive experience with Rent Board proceedings throughout the Bay Area, including SF rent control. A knowledgeable Bradshaw & Associates, P.C. San Francisco rent control attorney can help present your case in the best possible light and avoid costly mistakes. Consulting a rent control attorney can help you achieve a negotiated resolution of your dispute for a faster, more certain outcome that avoids the expense of a Rent Board hearing.
For additional information and a free legal assessment of your Rent Board situation, contact the San Francisco rent control attorneys at Bradshaw & Associates, P.C..